We’re looking for talented freelance designers to design book covers and interiors. To be considered, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected].
We’re always on the lookout for excellent proofreaders, copyeditors, and indexers. If you’re interested in freelance work, please send an email detailing your relevant experience to [email protected].
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to compose and create a brand from scratch that represents Ed2592 Press. Brand includes mainly typography, and logo for Social Media and will be placed on the books we’ll release. You’ll work with SRE (a.k.a. developers who also manage content) to build a solid presence on the web and search engines.
The style we aim to reproduce is Italian Classic Typography (e.g. the typography that was used in the 18th century), we love the minimalistic style and we think our brand should give the reader the feeling of “authority” (in editorial terms) and attention to details.
- Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand (illustrations, icons, colors, typography, animations, etc.)
- Be an advocate for consistent and cohesive design throughout the company.
- Collaborate with Content Marketing, and others, to establish a clear and concise brand voice, tone, and personality.
- Continually iterate on concepts in an effort to make the brand relevant and relatable to our audience(s).
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Engage in constructive design critiques.
- Able to work independently, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication.
- Based in European Union, and allowed to work in European Union (18 or older).
- 3 years or more of experience on graphic design.
- An additional experience on branding design is appreciated.
It’s mandatory to attach, send or forward us a portfolio of work previously released. This is a remote position based in the Italy. The payment will be in EUR through SWIFT Circuit (but Bitcoin is also available). 50% at the beginning of the work and 50% once the design is accepted.
Who we are
We are an emerging technical publishing house that work to release technical books on many topics such as cryptocurrencies, cryptography, information security, application development. Computer science industry lacks of education and we work to provide not more books, but better books!
Ed2592 Press’s focus is on computing titles at professional levels. We care about the quality of our books. We work with our authors to coax out of them the best writing they can produce. We consult with technical experts on book proposals and manuscripts, and we may use as many as two dozen reviewers in various stages of preparing a manuscript. The abilities of each author are nurtured to encourage him or her to write a first-rate book.